The PING test allows you to check and confirm you have the signal strength and ability to trigger your Raven receiver, or PocketWizard receiver.
How to do a PING test
- First start by setting up your Raven as a Master Camera Trigger, or transmitter.
- In the Zone Selection screen you will see the PING icon. Tap and hold the PING icon on the touchscreen.
- The Raven then shows all the zones set into your receiver unit that are within signal range with a Green circle around them.
- If any of the letter zones have a Yellow or Red circle around them, you should choose a different channel.
- From the Zone Selection screen, swipe from the top to the bottom of the screen.
- Then tap on the Channel Selection Icon
- In the Channel Selection screen use the RF Noise Detector to choose a channel with the least amount of RF Noise, or the most amount of Green.
- While checking the amounts for RF Noise on each channel, also look to see if another Raven or PocketWizard device is set to the same channel by using the Remote Camera Detector.
- Lastly, you should always check to make sure you have direct line of sight from your shooting position to your remote location whenever possible.
*When using the PocketWizard Plus IIIe and Plus IVe in Long Range Mode, PING test will not show results when units are set to RxLR