The Raven’s Nose Light was specifically designed to offer several beneficial options to the photographer. It offers both Auto Focus and Manual Assist lighting, and the Fill light. You have the option of Red or White lighting when selecting Manual Assist light. Also, the Raven sits high enough above the lens and lens hood so that it properly lights the target you are focusing on.
Manual Focus Assist Light
- From the Zone Control Display, swipe bottom to top
- Then scroll to Local Light and tap on it
- Then scroll to MF assist and tap on
- Here you can select Red light, White light, or OFF. Scroll to your selection and tap
- Then press the Back/Home button to return to the Zone Control Display
- Now swipe top to bottom and look to see if the Local Light is on. Local Light is ON, Local Light is OFF
- Now set your camera body and/or lens to Manual Focus.
The Manual Focus Assist light will turn on with a half press of your shutter release. It will stay on as long as your exposure info screen stays on. When this screen goes blank, your Manual Focus Assist light will turn off. Simply half press the shutter release to turn Modeling light back on. Most camera manufactures allow you to change the amount of time your exposure info screen stays on.